EcoWater Systems LLC
Effective Date: Dec 18, 2019
Last Modified: Dec 18, 2019
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through the App; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does NOT apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personal information. This includes information that we use to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- Financial information. This includes credit card information and other financial data we collect to process payments or refunds.
- Non-personal information. This includes generic business type; SIC code; information derived from publicly available databases; user behavior on our Website; and aggregated generic information. This is information that is about you but individually does not identify you.
- Usage information. This includes information about your IP address, browser type and version, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. This includes information you provide by filling in forms on our Website or on our App, such as information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or App, posting material on the Website or App, or requesting further services on the Website or App. We may also ask for this information when you report a problem with our Website or App, or exercise your privacy rights and choices (see “Your Privacy Rights and Choices”).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for several reasons:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- For internal marketing purposes, such as marketing research;
- To notify you about changes to our Website, App, or any products or services we offer or provide through either the Website or the App;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EcoWater Systems LLC, our customers, or others.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent. Note that some parts of this site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this policy.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this policy.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Certain data protection laws may provide you with more privacy rights than those listed above, depending on your citizenship or residency.
A. Privacy Rights for Individuals in the European Economic Area (“E.E.A.”)
Under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), individuals in the E.E.A. have additional privacy rights:
- Right to be Informed. Individuals have the right to transparency regarding our collection of personal information.
- Right of Access. Individuals have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- Right of Rectification. Individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- Right to Restrict Processing. An individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- Right to Data Portability. This allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- Right to Object. In certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used.
- Rights of Automated Decision Making and Profiling – The GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention.
If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us using any of the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section below. You can also contact the appropriate National Data Protection Authority by visiting the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
B. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may also have additional privacy rights under the California Shine the Light law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (Civil Code Section § 1798.100).
The Shine the Light law permits users of our Website and our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email or write to us using the information in this policy.
To learn more about your California privacy rights under the CCPA, please visit https://www.ecowater.com/ccpa.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page, with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
1890 Woodlane Dr
Woodbury, MN 55125